Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Amazing Poem

Okay, so a close friend of mine wrote this poem, her name is Alley. Please leave me your comments.


Winter
by Alice Andrews
With a hat on my head
And my boots on my toes
The cold winter wind
Nips at my nose

As I lay in the snow
Making an angel
I look in the window
Mommas face, it is pain filled

I walk in the house
With my hat on my head
My momma leans down
To tell me Grandma's dead

I stand there and think
Grandma can't be gone
I saw her last week
No, it hasn't been long

I look at my momma
And say "Don't you die too"
She giggled and said
"Only old people do"

As I walk in my room
And I sit on my bed
I sit there alone
rubbing my head

To make momma happy
I think I'll be good
I'll be a good girl
Just Like I should

I open my window
When I see my dad
I hear the wind whistle
And it sounds so sad

I run down the stairs
And I look at my dad
I said "daddy be careful
cause momma is sad"

I looked at my dad
He said "I already know"
He stands there and asks
"Did you play in the snow?"

I stand there and say
"Yeah I played in the snow"
"Now if you'll excuse me,
I've got somewhere to go"

So as I walk outside
And I see what I made
I kneel in the angel
And began to pray

I looked at the sky
As the wind slapped my face
I sit there and think
She's in a better place

My mom calls me in
She says we'll be okay
She says not to worry
We'll be together some day

She tucks me in bed
And says Santa will come
She say go to sleep
Tomorrow will be fun

When I wake in the morning
And I walk down the stairs
I look out the window
My angel is still there

I look at momma
And say "Can we go outside?"
She smiles and said
"Then we'll go for a ride"

So I grab my camera
And I run out the door
I stand there and think
I've seen that before

In the middle of the angel
was a heart made of gold
It was dirty and dingy
And it looked really old

So I picked it up
And showed my mom
She looked and she's shaking
And she started to sob

She looks and she say
"It was your grammy's"
She is still crying
And she fell to her knees

She smiled and said
Open it up
And as I did just that
She dropped her coffee cup

Inside was a note
And a picture there too
The front of the note
It said to Mary Loo

It said I love you
Try not to fear
I'm spending my Christmas
With Jesus this year



The person who wrote this is 14 and a freshman at high school with me this year. She is a very close friend of mine. She is a wonderful, bubbly person who has become very close to me. When class or life gets boring, knows how to throw an interesting twist on it.

this is Alley!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment